Prescription Drug Refill Policy
To refill a prescription, call your pharmacy to request a refill. The pharmacy will send an electronic request to Alpharetta and Cumming Internal Medicine. Check with your pharmacy to see when the prescription is ready for pick up.
At least 48 hours notice is needed to call in any prescription refill. Check with your pharmacy after 5:00 pm to see if your prescription has been called in. For mail order prescriptions, it is the patient’s responsibility to mail the written prescription to the pharmacy. The ELECTRONIC PATIENT SERVICE provides patient assistance with mail order prescriptions.
- Prescription/refill requests received on Friday may not be filled until Monday.
- No narcotics or antibiotics will be prescribed over the phone after office hours.
- It is helpful to bring a medication formulary to your office visit. A Medication formulary is a list of medications that are covered by your insurance.
- For prescriptions requiring a prior authorization, there will be a charge of $10.00 per prescription to be paid before the prior authorization is done. To help with prescribing a medication that will be covered by your insurance, bring the formulary list that is provided by your insurance.
- A written authorization is required if another person is picking up your written prescription, samples, records, etc.